Request for Student Data:
- Record the request in the student's file as per Board Policy 8018 (with the exception of investigative subpoenas from certain agencies (Office of Assistant Superintendent will confirm if it should not be logged).
- If this request IS NOT from the student's guardian, no further action is necessary unless you are contacted by the Office of the Assistant Superintendent of District Operations. ONCE YOU RECEIVE THE NOTIFICATION THAT THE FORM IS APPROVED, YOU MAY PROCEED WITH THE RELEASE OF THE REQUESTED RECORDS.
- If this request IS from the student's guardian (i.e. a signed parental consent form is included in the request), and the records are IN your building, you may forward a copy to the requestor.
- If the records are NOT in your building, determine where the records are:
1. If the student has graduated, withdrawn w/o forwarding information, or withdrawn to out of state school, forward the request to the state archives and forward to the requestor when available.
2. If the student has moved to another Red Clay School, forward request to that school.
3. If the student has moved to another Delaware public school (including Charter) let the requestor know that the records aren’t available and provide any forwarding information.